The course examines the rules and regulations of VAT and clearly demonstrates the procedures and controls that should be in place to ensure VAT returns are submitted accurately and on time.
This seminar will give you a complete understanding of VAT, covering all the essentials and giving you the confidence to know you are dealing with VAT correctly.
The course also discusses the powers of HMRC and the penalties which they can apply if VAT returns are incomplete, inaccurate or submitted late.
For details of other VAT seminars please click here.
Classroom: 09:30 - 17:00
Live Online: Delivered in two sessions on consecutive days.
Starts: 13:30 Ends: 16:30
- An exclusive eBook, 'A Comprehensive Guide to UK VAT', only available to delegates
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- A Certificate of Attendance
What Will You Learn?
- What is output and input VAT?
- What is a taxable supply?
- Which supplies are zero rated, reduced rated and exempt?
- What is the difference between zero rated and exempt supplies?
- How does group registration work?
- When should VAT be accounted for?
- When does the actual tax point override the basic tax point?
- What should appear on a VAT invoice?
- Can you produce a simplified invoice and if so, when?
- How does self billing work?
- What are disbursements?
- How do you complete the VAT return?
- What is required to reclaim input tax?
- What are the rules relating to motor cars?
- Under what circumstances can you recover VAT on entertainment expenses?
- Should you account for VAT on gifts?
- How do you calculate the amount of input VAT you can reclaim if Partial Exemption applies?
- Can you reclaim output tax on a bad debt?
- When can errors be corrected on the VAT return?
- What are the implications of international trade?
- What is the reverse charge?
This course is delivered by one of our expert VAT presenters, who will guide you through the course content and answer questions particular to you or your organisation during the day.
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and he has his own accountancy practice. With his vast knowledge and experience he can readily help people resolve Accounting, VAT and Company Administration issues.
Liz worked for HM Customs and Excise and Ernst and Young before setting up Centurion VAT Specialists Ltd. As well as providing support for clients she also delivers training and is a regular VAT speaker at events for the AAT, ICAEW, ACCA and CIMA.
Les is a VAT consultant and trainer who works with numerous businesses providing VAT solutions and support. His vast experience enables him to help people with many aspects of VAT.
Stephen is a VAT Specialist at Fiscal Solutions. He is responsible for the preparation and processing of VAT returns, Intrastat reporting, EC Sales Lists and the submission of VAT claims in various EU Countries.
Eric is an independent Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA/AIIT qualified) specialising in Indirect Tax with over 24 years experience of VAT, Customs, Excise and other indirect tax. He has excellent experience of dealing with complicated issues and providing indirect tax advice drawing on his experience in practice and HMRC.