The seminar will help people understand the major effects that international transactions of goods and services can have upon the VAT administration of a UK organisation and clearly illustrates the procedures and controls that should be implemented to comply with the requirements.
The course will demonstrate how to correctly account for VAT on the acquisition and despatch of goods between EU countries and on the export and import of good to and from non-EU countries.
The seminar also addresses the issues associated with international services, such as place of supply, VAT liability and the reverse charge.
Delegates will also be guided through the key administrative tasks involved with international trade - including the VAT Return, the EC Sales List and Intrastat.
For details of other VAT seminars please click here.
Classroom: 09:30 - 17:00
Live Online: Delivered in two sessions on consecutive days.
Starts: 13:30 Ends: 16:30
- An exclusive book, 'UK VAT and International Trade - the Complete Guide', only available to delegates
- Special access for one year to the VAT Resource Centre, giving you online access to critical VAT information
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
What Will You Learn?
- What is the VAT treatment on the sale of goods to a VAT-registered person in another EU country?
- What is the VAT treatment of an export to a non-EU country?
- What is a distance sale and how do you account for them?
- What is acquisitions tax and how does it work?
- How do triangular transactions work?
- What information should be included on an Intrastat form?
- What is import VAT and can you reclaim it?
- What is the general rule for the supply of international services?
- Do you need to be aware of any special rules when you are purchasing services from an overseas supplier?
- Are there exceptions to the general rules?
- What is the reverse charge procedure?
- How do you complete an EC Sales List?
- How do you reclaim VAT paid in another EU country?
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and he has his own accountancy practice. With his vast knowledge and experience he can readily help people resolve Accounting, VAT and Company Administration issues.