The course will help people understand the major effects that international transactions of goods and services can have upon the VAT administration of a UK organisation and clearly illustrates the procedures and controls that should be implemented to comply with the requirements.
The course will demonstrate how to correctly account for VAT on the acquisition and despatch of goods between EU countries and on the export and import of good to and from non-EU countries.
The seminar also addresses the issues associated with international services, such as place of supply, VAT liability and the reverse charge.
Delegates will also be guided through the key administrative tasks involved with international trade - including the VAT Return, the EC Sales List and Intrastat.
For details of other VAT seminars please click here.
Classroom: 09:30 - 17:00
Live Online: Delivered in two sessions on consecutive days.
Starts: 13:30 Ends: 16:30
- An exclusive eBook, 'UK VAT and International Trade - the Complete Guide', only available to delegates
- A Seminar Pack containing the information presented on the day
- A Certificate of Attendance
What Will You Learn?
- What is the VAT treatment on the sale of goods to a VAT-registered person in another EU country?
- What is acquisitions tax and how does it work?
- How is VAT accounted for when you transfer your own goods to another EU country?
- What is a distance sale and how do you account for them?
- What happens when goods are also installed or assembled?
- How do triangular transactions work?
- What is the VAT treatment of an export to a non-EU country?
- What evidence is needed when goods are exported?
- What is import VAT and can you reclaim it?
- What is the Duty Deferment System?
- When can import VAT be suspended or reduced?
- What information should be included on an Intrastat form?
- How do you complete the EC Sales List?
- What is the general rule for supplies of international services?
- How do you determine the place of supply?
- How does a business establishment differ from a fixed establishment?
- What is the reverse charge procedure?
- What are the exceptions to the general rules for services?
- What is the place of supply for land related services?
- How is VAT accounted for on transport services?
- How have the rules for digital services changed?
- How does the VAT Mini One Stop Shop work?
- How do you reclaim VAT incurred on expenses in another EU country?
This course is delivered by one of our expert VAT presenters, who will guide you through the course content and answer questions particular to you or your organisation during the day.
Kevin is a Chartered Accountant and he has his own accountancy practice. With his vast knowledge and experience he can readily help people resolve Accounting, VAT and Company Administration issues.
Liz worked for HM Customs and Excise and Ernst and Young before setting up Centurion VAT Specialists Ltd. As well as providing support for clients she also delivers training and is a regular VAT speaker at events for the AAT, ICAEW, ACCA and CIMA.
Stephen is a VAT Specialist at Fiscal Solutions. He is responsible for the preparation and processing of VAT returns, Intrastat reporting, EC Sales Lists and the submission of VAT claims in various EU Countries.
Eric is an independent Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA/AIIT qualified) specialising in Indirect Tax with over 24 years experience of VAT, Customs, Excise and other indirect tax. He has excellent experience of dealing with complicated issues and providing indirect tax advice drawing on his experience in practice and HMRC.